Sunday, May 11, 2008

F is for First Trimester Fun

Well, now that we have told the world that we are with child I thought I should clue you in on how much fun the first trimester is (esp. for those who may be next, cough cough, Heather and Kristen

1. Fatigue- This is my main battle. My schedule is as follows: 

7:40- alarm goes off. snooze. Think to myself  "I can't do it". 
12:00 lunch breakscarf down food, sleep for 20 minutes
3:30- try to stay awake at my desk, maybe nod off for 10 min.
5:15-6:30- nap 
11:00- bedtime (with no sleeping pills, thank you)

I have been too tired to cook, workout, do laundry, dishes, etc. Thank God for my sweet husband, otherwise our place would be in shambles. The only thing that makes me feel better is this direct quote from my pregnancy bible "A pregnant womans body at rest is working harder than a non-pregnant body running a marathon." Hah. Bring on the naps.

2. Morning sickness. my favorite. But honestly, it hasn't been that bad. My version of morning sickness comes mostly in the form of food aversions, although I have had my fair share of hovering over the porcelein goddess.  It goes something like this: 
Morning time- starving. 
Cereal? NO. 
Oatmeal? Double NO. 
Waffles? GROSS. 
Toast? eh. Maybe

3. Cravings. I haven't had these too bad, like I said, its mostly aversions. However, the first few weeks, it was lemons. Weird I know. Of course when I found out I was pregnant, I told Jeremy "If I ever crave anything nasty like McDonalds, please don't get it." He agreed not to. Well, last week for some reason, I was craving none other than McDonalds. So gross, but I couldn't help it. So what did the hubby do? He went out and got it. You would have thought he had brought home something from Ruth Chris. Don't judge.

4. Hunger. Did I mention I eat every two hours? Sometimes I have two dinners. And sometimes my growling stomach wakes me up at 2:00 in the morning.

5. New Rack. Thats all I will say about that.

4 comments:

james said...

Nan, this one cracked me up (which I needed today). thanks.

Unknown said...

score! you got boobs??? I can't wait to get knocked up for that reason. It will be like puberty only funner!!

Kristen said...

I am not sure that I could handle the fatigue, there is not enough time to sleep as it is. But the boobs and the excuse to eat whatever I want is a double score!! I should tell Jamie that we need to jump on this right away, sorry bad analogy...

Unknown said...

Hey Nan:

Pretty cool site. I'm very impressed but not surprised with what you can do with your talents.

Y'all take care,

Uncle Jack