Sunday, August 8, 2010

MeeMaw & PeePaw

A funny thing happened while visiting my family. Leyton decided to change everyone's name. My dad had decided way back when that he would be "granddaddy." Leyton however, kept saying "Poppa." I don't really know where he picked it up, but he would point at my dad and declare that he was "poppa." So that is settled. He also changed my grandparents name's. My grandmother has always been "Ging-Ging" to me, my brother and cousins. We kept trying to get L to say it, but kept saying "MeeMaw." Now he has never heard "MeeMaw" but nonetheless she was MeeMaw our whole trip home and he still points at her pictures and says "MeeMaw." He also changed my grandfather's name from "Poppa" to "PeePaw." I mean, what good is a MeeMaw without a PeePaw?



Giving kisses

Brushing PeePaw's hair

Looking at the "birdys"

Onto MeeMaw's hair. He is a great stylist.

Attempting a photo. Fail.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i absolutely love the first picture! What a sweet moment and the last is precious too; they don't have to be perfect to be memorable :-)