Monday, August 23, 2010

Black thumb be gone!


My mom finally convinced me that I was capable of keeping a plant alive, so I took her word and took advantage of our local Target's gardening section's going out of business sale. I got these peppers, some cherry tomatoes and some flowers that were labeled "drought tolerant" (surely I could keep those alive, right?).

So here we are a few weeks later and all three plants are still alive! Sure I made a few phone calls to mom ("what do droopy leaves mean?"). The peppers started sprouting a few days ago, but I am am still waiting on my 'maters to start. And my drought tolerant bloom is doing pretty well, even though I have a tendency to over water them:

2 comments:

Noelanne said...

I knew you could do it!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! A good recipe for those banana peppers--get a block of cream cheese, let it set out to soften, add about 1/8th cup of italian dressing, stuff the split and seeded peppers with that mixture, roll them in a egg/water mixture then in italian or plain bread crumbs and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes. GGGRRRLLLLL I knew you could do it put those doubts out of your mind!!! Be that little engine that could!!!! Love my ggggrrrllllllll!!!!

Kristen said...

yahoo for you!!! mine is going away as well- probably since my hubby helps to remember to water them- but that is neither here nor there... yea us!! Jamie and I have even gotten brave enough to build a veggie garden in the back that we are going to plant this fall!

oh yeah- I have been told that even though the tomato plants will grow like a bad weed in right now they more than likely won't produce any fruit. You have to wait until the fall in FL to actually have anything edible grow... at least that's what I have been told :-)

happy growing :-)