Sunday, January 31, 2010

A visit from 'Aunt' Glynne



Meet Glynne.


We go way back. Back to the playground in third grade. We were inseparable in jr. high, high school and most of college. Literally. We even had some of our senior pictures taken together. Weirdos. After I got my driver's license and was handed down a 1980 navy blue El Camino that I was too embarrassed to drive, I would drive my car to her house every morning and leave it at her house while I rode with her to school. She would also drive the El Camino to get gas while I hid in the passenger seat in fear of being seen. That's a good friend.

It is so rare to have the kind of friend that you maybe see once a year, talk to once every few months but yet you always pick up right where you left off. She has been through just about everything with me- I don't think I would be the same person had we never been friends. We will be besties until we are elderly I am sure. We will have to make sure our kids put us in the same nursing home.

Anyhow, Glynne always had a way with the boys so it is no surprise that my little man took to her immediately. And I think she may be just as obsessed with him as I am. She took hundreds of pictures and video-ed his every move like a proud aunt. We were sad to see her go back to Nashville, but grateful for the time we got.






the lizard towel she sent L for his birthday

push me, push me


He was really, really upset when we told him that she had to leave:



“A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend, one human soul whom we can trust utterly, who knows the best and worst of us, and who loves us in spite of all our faults.”
~Anonymous

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the only thing missing is the double senior portrait. I am going to need to see that, please