Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Updates!


So, it has been brought to my attention that I have been slacking in Leyton updates. There are really way too many lately to keep up, but if I don't write it down somewhere I will forget. He is so much fun lately and we are loving every second with him.

Here is my best shot:

Dancing: He dances when there is music on the TV. We call it the "happy dance." He shuffles his little feet really fast and sometimes gets his arms into it. He also does a mean "hot dog dance" (aka Mickey Mouse).

Talking:
"bye-bye"- He said this plain as day when we were leaving Kelly's house today. He was waving and just blurted it out. I almost cried.
"uh-oh" - his most commonly used phrase. He says this when he drops something.
"No"- He only says this when he is mad at us for saying it to him. He then moans "Nooo" while crying. He also shakes his head no when I say it.
"This?" I am not 100% on this one, but whenever he points at something he says something like "isss?" so I think may be saying "this." Who knows.

Nose, tongue, tummy: He points to his nose when you ask him where it is, sticks his tongue out when you ask him where his tongue is, and will sometimes pat his tummy when asked where it is.

Animal noises: He can do the lion, cow, and goat. Random, but true.

Eating: He has turned into such a good eater. Poor kid gets spinach in just about everything he eats. Grilled cheese and spinach, scrambled eggs and spinach, macaroni and spinach cheese, etc. He could eat cheese toast and yogurt every meal and be perfectly happy. His new favorite food is salmon.
He has also been experimenting with feeding himself with a fork, which is comical. We have successfully weened him from the bottle to a cup, with the exception of his nighttime bottle. That is coming very soon.

Sleeping: He has been an awesome sleeper lately. He sleeps solid from about 8pm-7am. He is also still taking 2 naps a day, but I have a feeling he may be dropping one soon.

Separation Anxiety: This isn't all that bad, but when he sees Jeremy or myself put on a jacket or pick up keys, he looses it.

Playing Hard: He loves, loves going outside to play. It is like unleashing a caged animal. He walks about everywhere and pays no mind as to whether or not I am close behind. Luckily we have been having some awesome weather here.

Here are some new pics to feast your eyes on, and a video at the end, which I find highly entertaining.






6 comments:

Anzie Lou said...

Just laughed out loud at work!! That is the sweetest thing i have ever seen. You are not helping my baby itch. Maybe I should get Kristen to write another horror stories blog! That DEF helped!

Noelanne said...

I love it love it love it!!! Keep um comin!!!!

Kristen said...

absolutely adorable!! miss you guys and the real world although I love the world we are in right now too...

love the slide picture too by the way- just so cool!

Unknown said...

love it!! Only you forgot to add that he calls me by name, of course.

those pictures are so stinkin' cute. I love him!

Aunt Darlene said...

Don't sweat the spinach, Nan...I fed lots of it to both my babies (now 27 and 22) and neither ever had tonsillectomies, tubes in their ears, OR any broken bones. I also believed in Vick's Vapor Rub! (BTW, if I should be blessed with a granddaughter in the next 2-3 years, can I show her Leyton's picture and get his phone number???)

Asfand said...

sweet babay :)