Tuesday, August 19, 2008

24 weeks and counting




Here we are at 24 weeks. Things are still going smoothly...we went to the doc for a checkup yesterday and everything looks great. Little man had a great heartbeat and continues to dropkick me in the bladder. Sunday night Jeremy had his arm across me and Leyton kept kicking his arm. I'm guessing he was thinking "move your big hairy arm, buddy." It was cute. So other than the fact that I magically wake up at 4:00-5:00 every morning  and pee 3 times a night things are going great.

In other news we are "hunkered down" at home today since work is closed due to Tropical Storm Fay, who is turning out to be quite a pansy. You can see from the photos above that I have a nice anchor in place and won't be carried away by any tropical storm force winds. 

I also need to take a second to talk about the movie "Mama Mia". It was cute, but it was a little too gooby (even for me). I mean, I knew it was a musical, but I almost couldn't take it...every time they would start singing(especially Pierce Brosnan), I would laugh so hard my seat would shake. The lady sitting a few seats down from me wasn't too amused by my seat shaking fiasco. Thank God I went with some girlfriends instead of Jeremy. There is no doubt in my mind that after the first scene he would have leaned over and said "I'll just wait for you in the car". 



2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, the baby bump is getting big! Happy to hear that all are well. This storm really is a wussy, don't get me wrong I am not complaining about the "extra day of summer" but this is pathetic.

Unknown said...

fay, fay, go away, come again another day.
i will miss you if she carries you away
fay, fay, go away.