Sunday, June 8, 2008

N is for nails and names

Pregnancy does have its good side effects. Long fingernails and thick hair. I was never blessed with long fingernails no matter how hard I tried or how much magic nail growing cream I used (thanks mom). But over the past couple of months my nails have grown to extraordinary lengths. That is until the other day when some snotty kid thought it would be cool to half wash his/her hands in the ladies room and not dry them off. I must have been the next person to leave after them b/c there was a wet/soapy residue on the door handle and my fingers slipped catching my beautiful nails and breaking them right off at the bed. I said words I won't repeat. So I am now back to my normal looking nails, but no fear, they will be back soon.

In other news, we have been racking our brains over baby names. Considering how indecisive I am, it will probably change 10 times before December 12. This frustrates Jeremy. But this is serious business. This child will be stuck with this name for eternity and I would like to avoid a potential playground bully session over a name. So here's what we have so far:

Girl (first and middle name included):
Aubrey Grace
Laurel Bailey (would be called Bailey, can you imagine a 3 year old trying to say "Laurel"?)
Hannah McKenzie

Boy:
Andrew Leyton (would be called Leyton)
Leyton Elias
something with Bennett as a middle name

I am having problems with boys' names. Jeremy is perfectly content with Leyton, but I need options here and I can't think of any for boys (which stinks, b/c I think this child is a boy).

Suggestions would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I think Aubrey Grace is really cute - I will say I know of a couple of people I know just named thier babies Aubrey - it's popular right now. I'm also partial to Hannah because it is one of my Hawaii children's name - I will say she could be a little you-know-what though. And I always think Claire is a good middle/double name. ;)

Unknown said...

obviously it's a girl, so no need to worry about the boy names (although they are super cute) I love all the girl names - my fav. are Aubrey Grace and Laurel Bailey. Good thought on calling her Bailey. I had trouble saying my R's until I was about 10. Heather was pronounced as Heathuw. No need to put your girl through that.

oh! Congrats on the townhouse! that's great. It's been a while since I have visited all my normal blogs, so I feel behind.

that's all for now. we miss you guys.

and you are cute pregnant. I hope I will be cute like you and not like some swollen humpback whale.