Wednesday, June 4, 2008

M is for MarioKart and Maternity clothes


I have never been a "gamer". Actually, I don't understand the whole "Dungeons and Dragons" and "Halo" games that people revolve their life around. They scare me. BUT, I have found a game I love. MarioKart for the Wii. It is sooo fun. One of Jeremy's students let us borrow it a couple of weeks ago and we played it non stop for two days. I was so excited because I "beat the game" after only a few hours, but then Jeremy let me know that I had it set on "Easy." Way to stomp on my joy there, honey. After we returned it Jeremy called every store in Southwest Orlando to see if they had any in stock. They didn't. Apparently we aren't the only ones who like it. We finally just ordered it from Amazon and have been faithfully playing it for a week. Here's my problem though: When I play by myself I come in first place every time, but when Jeremy and I do two player, I come in dead last. He comes in first EVERY TIME. The one and only time I was about to beat him he threw a turtle shell at me and passed me at the finish line. I was livid.
That's ok though, I can learn to be a good sport. Its just a game, after all.

M is also for Maternity clothes
My pants don't fit anymore. Sadness. I gave the jeans up about two weeks ago, but gave them one last go on Friday. Not Comfortable. My beloved khaki pants, which had about 2 inches to spare 3 months ago are also about to be retired. It is really rather depressing. I mean I don't look pregnant yet. I'm in that awkward in between stage where I just look fat. Not fun. If you see me lately, I will be donning skirts and dresses. But my boobs are getting too big for my frikkin' dresses. But, I think I am about to break down and get the beloved maternity jeans. At the beginning of this, Jeremy said I could get whatever maternity clothes I needed except for the hideous jeans with the elastic thing. Whatever Jeremy, I'm getting the pants. My friend, Jenna (also pregnant) got the jeans at Target last week. Let me tell you people, they are cute. Its like a jean look with a sweatpant top. What a dream- I may wear them forever.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am completely with you on MarioKart. It is so much fun and I always win when I play by myself (this doesn't happen long, Jamie plays a lot) but I never win when he plays. Not fun.

I would go for the jeans, who wouldn't want a pair of jeans that fit everywhere and have an adjustable waist. Let me know if you need a shopping buddy, I would be happy to go :)