Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Quarter Life crisis

A few weeks ago I hit a big milestone - I turned 25. I mean, I'm almost 30. I am now approaching that era when people my age lie about being younger, not older. Of course I have always been slightly grandmaw-ish in my ways, but lately it has gotten worse. Case in point, last Friday night Jeremy and I were laying in bed at 8:30 (thats right people, 8:30). Not only that, but we were watching the Presidential debates on CNN- very intently I might add. I looked at him and asked "when did this happen?"  Since when did I go from watching MTV to watching CNN? I soon realized that this is a good thing, not a bad thing. Its about time that I really start forming my own opinions about who should be running my country. Barack? Huckabee? Democrat? Republican? My Mississippi upbringing forced the whole conservative, republican views on me and for awhile I was sure those were my views too, but now I am in a case of political limbo. However, when it comes right down to it, I want the candidate that is the most passionate about social justice issues, among other things of course. Luckily, I still have awhile before I have turn in my ballot, so CNN, here I come!

No comments: