Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The First Day (me and Tweety)


Well, as some of you may know, today was my first day on the job. I was a little nervous and apprehensive as most people are on the first day of a new job. However, I had a more animated greeting than most may encounter. Tweety Bird. That's right folks, Tweety Bird. Our sweet HR lady, Tweed, (I'm not making this up) is obsessed with Tweety Bird and rightly so since they share the same name (almost). He was everywhere. Stuffed Tweety, Tweety Mugs, Jamaica Tweety, Picasso Tweety, Tweety jewelry- you get the point. There was even a beautiful ceramic cross with a sticker of, you guessed it, Tweety in the center. It was very hard to concentrate on my 2 hour orientation with all of these Tweety's. But somehow I managed to forge through. And afterward, sweet Tweed invited me to lunch. There was a Tweety steering wheel grip and Tweety floor mats. It made me realize that I needed to find my thing, ya know? But Tweety is already taken, so I will have to look elsewhere.  
Compared to this, the rest of my day was pretty mundane and typical. Except when I was told I had to do 500 name tags and a banner  printed by Monday :-) 

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

oh wow. this is serious.

my question. is her name tweed b/c she loves tweety so much OR does she love tweety so much b/c tweed is her name.
just something to think about.
LT

Unknown said...

hahaha. tell tweed snow white says hi.