Friday, December 3, 2010

Leyton and the lights

January is typically one of my least favorite months. I'm not really sure why. Maybe its because Christmas is over. Or the fact that I am ready for summer again after Christmas. Or because I usually break my resolutions by the third week. This year I am dreading it for a different reason. My child will be devastated. He has developed an unhealthy obsession to Christmas lights. I am already racking my brain as to how I am going to explain to him why they are no more.

He wakes up talking about Christmas lights. In particular the "deer wights" across the street, and the "Peanut wights" a few houses down. Non-stop. He doesn't understand why they are not on at 8:00am. It has been our nightly tradition to walk the neighborhood and check out the lights. He is so funny and gets so excited "Wook, momma! Over der! Pwetty wights!" Last night before we approached his beloved deer lights he said "Deer wights, ready or not, here by tums!"

Here are a few highlights:


Ah. The birthday ducks. Don't know where that came from, but everytime we walk by he calls them the "birthday ducks" and tells them happy birthday. (?)

His favorite. The deer.

The Peanut Lights

The moving deer lights. Try tearing him away from these.

1 comment:

Noelanne said...

Don't sweat it, when the time comes you wil know what to say. You might tell him that just as Santa comes and goes, so do the lights. By the way type in Santa Tracking in google and there is a neat website that tracks where Santa is at all times. Check it out we did at school yesterday, it is NORAD I believe, Leyton and ya'll will love it just as I love you.