Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Poor Polka Dotted Baby

My little boo has the hives. However, I don't think he even knows he has them which is a good thing. He is his normal happy, bossy self. But man does he ever look pitiful, which is why I am sparing you a picture of them. They started yesterday on his tummy but kind of faded after his nap. Then when I got home from work yesterday, he looked as if he has been playing in a mosquito infested swamp. It had quickly spread all over his legs, tummy and arms. [Insert panicky mother here]. The nurse told us to give him some Benadryl and see how it was in the am.

Well, it was no better this morning so we took him in and he was diagnosed with hives. We are all a little perplexed as to what he got them from. He has had no new foods, no new detergent, hasn't been sick and hasn't been outside since Saturday b/c of the nasty weather we have had. Its a mystery. I'm just so thankful he isn't itching and thankful that he isn't having the same reaction to Benadryl that my brother and I had which was H-Y-P-E-R. Although he did fight his nap (which he never does) so I had to rub his head and sing to him until his little eyelids fluttered off the dreamland.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ah, poor baby! I hope he feels better soon! It is so hard when our little ones are sick. :(

Noelanne said...

Thank you so much for calling me to let me know how Leyton is doing. Remember this: (1) You are a great momma (2) You have a wonderful husband and partner who is also a great father (3) Don't doubt yourself--you and Jeremy are doing a great job--these things just happen they are God's way of showing you that you do have a heart, and to let you know that your blood pressure works. Remember to not sweat the small stuff, because bigger things are coming your way. Enjoy your beautiful family!! I love you, Yo Momma what loves her babee gggrrrllll!!!

Jenna said...

Poor Angel baby!!! Give him a kiss from his Aunt Jenna and from Miss Maddie! The two love birds need to play together again soon!

BTW: I LOVE your mom!!!