Sunday, April 11, 2010

I did it!

I officially finished my first 5K this weekend! With the help of Jenna alongside me, we ended up running pretty much the whole darn thing. (Thanks, Jenna!) I know to most people 3.1 miles is like a warm up run, but to me (who has never been much for running) that is a pretty big accomplishment.

We have been doing a "Biggest Loser" version type thing at work which is where the running began and I can finally say that the baby weight is GONE! 46 pounds in 15 months. Yes, you read that right. I did gain that much. Not proud, but true. Since November I had about 15 more pounds to lose and with alot of hard work and the help of a 'challenge' I finally lost them. I am finally able to wear things in my closet that I haven't worn in two years. I feel so much better and I plan on keeping up with the healthy lifestyle. I have a whole new respect for you people that do marathons and such. If you have actually made it to the end of this post, thanks for letting me toot my horn a bit.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!! You look fabulous! I am very impressed. You have motivated me! (OK, right now I am only motivated to give birth, but afterwards - running!!!)
you are gorgeous!

Noelanne said...

I am so proud of you!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!

Kristen said...

like I said you look amazing!!! it kinda makes me want to run, not completely, but kinda...

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You look great. That's awesome that ya'll did that at work.

meghazlip said...

congratulations nan...that's quite an accomplishment and you look great!

Jenna said...

You look amazing! I should have brought my camera to prove I was there with ya! :) Thank you SO much for all the movtivation through all this, I couldnt have done it without ya! I am still so proud of us!!!

Mary Sue said...

Congrats! I'm always impressed with people who run in any events. I'll stick with walking 3 miles!! You look great :-)