Wednesday, April 28, 2010

(Not so) Wordless Wednesday



I haven't been doing great job of documenting Leyton's recent doings or new words. It seems like he has a new one everyday. He will pretty much say (or try) anything we ask him. My new favorite is "Alright!" I heard him saying it over the monitor this morning. He is getting more precious by the day (if that is even possible). I know if I don't record this stuff, I will start to forget. So I present to you a long rambling post. Here are some recent "stats"

• 25 lbs/31 inches

• He now has 9 teeth, including 2 new molars and is about to start cutting an eye tooth (yikes).

• He runs everywhere he goes and he loves being chased

• He can be pretty bossy and adamant at times.

• He doesn't let his elephant lovie from Aunt Glynne or his puppy (pictured above getting snacks) from Granny Zoe get to far out of sight.

• He has also become quite the snuggle bunny and will cuddle in my lap for as long as 5 minutes (probably thanks to teething) and I am eating it up!

• Any problem can be solved by Goldfish crackers.

• When he wants to go outside he will bring us his shoes and hat. And when he wants to go to sleep he will open the door to his room and shake the slats on his crib.

• His favorite foods include chicken, black-eyed peas and watermelon. He knows his roots lie in the Deep South.

• He is extremely ticklish like his momma.

Here is a list of some of his "words." I am also attaching a video of him saying a few of them for me. I know I haven't posted a video in forever, but I busted out the old camera just for y'all :)

Alright! (Aw-Wiiiight)
Love You (Bov uh)
Bubbles (bubbas)
Baby (bay-bay)
Grass (gass)
Banana (nanny)
Home (ho)
Thank You (tantu)
Bite (by)
Water (wada)
More (mo)
Eye
Kitty
Bird
Granny (rahnee)
Paw Paw (pa-pa)
Gigi (digi)
Ear (Ea-uh)
Good Boy (guh-boi)



2 comments:

Anzie Lou said...

sooooo precious!! You must work on him saying "I love you Aunt Anzie" ha ha ha might be a mouth full for him just yet! ha ha ha I LOVE YOU ALL!! Pinch his cheeks for me!

Noelanne said...

What a wonderful catch up!! Thank you for sharing your life with us!! I treasure each post!!! I love you all so very very much!!! I did indeed get an email about Leyton from a photo post, but didn't respond to it!! I love you all!!!!