Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho Its off to Work We Go...

I only cried twice today. Once before we left this morning, and again on the whole car ride to Kelly's (Leyton's babysitter). Once we got there and after we left though, I was fine. I felt very at peace and I knew he was being well taken care of. She said he did Great! I have to say I was happily surprised considering how high-maintenance he can be. Apparently he was very intrigued by Abby (Kelly's 18 month old who is a doll). She showed him all her toys and said she wanted to read him her Jesus book.  He also took a pacifier from Kelly all day...he never takes one from me! AND he napped on the couch...laying still...not being held. Amazing. He was passed out when we picked him up and didn't budge until we got home, which made for a pleasant car trip. 

As odd as it sounds, it was actually nice being at work and getting back in my groove thing. I guess that says alot about how blessed I am to work somewhere I am excited to return to. Of course that has alot to do with the people as well...I have never worked with more loving, fun, supportive people. 

Anywhoo, tomorrow Jeremy will work from home and keep him until 1:oo or 2:00-ish and we will trade off. 

Can I just mention how precious Leyton was when Jeremy got home last night? (he had been at a conference in Ohio). L started smiling, drooling and babbling all over the place. So cute. Anyhow...some pics to enjoy. Not sure what is up with this new face L is making. He was having a goofy-face Monday.




"you better gimme that cookie right now, woman"

tummy time




1 comment:

Kristen said...

I wanna play, especially if he is starting to make adorable faces.