Friday, January 23, 2009

Miracle on Brancaster

A little background history: Leyton hated the swing we so proudly bought him prior to his arrival. The longest he ever lasted in it was 6 minutes when he woke from a deep sleep screaming. To date, he only naps if being held or bouncing on my knees. I remember reading somewhere that some babies prefer the side to side swing over the front to back (like we have). So yesterday while visiting Jenna and Maddie I decided to try him in her side to side swing, you know just to see. Thanks Maddie, for sharing. What happened shocked me: he stayed in for an hour and a half. No joke. Jenna said I looked awkward sitting there b/c I didn't know what to do with myself. She then offered me a magazine.  I immediately let Jeremy know and he left work early to go to toys r us. Last night he slept for 3 hours in his new toy. Then after eating slept in his bed for another 3 hours. Right now he is in there wide awake looking around gleefully.  I will now have time to shower, eat, read, finish thank you notes (sorry if you are one of those who hasn't gotten a thank-you note yet, I now have no excuse) Here is proof of the miraculous event:

Editing note: I couldn't figure out how to rotate the video so you will have to turn your head sideways. My apologies. You will also have to excuse my hickville accent. I forgot how bad I sound on recordings.






In his new swing

Here are a few more pics. Leyton is now trying really hard to smile. I have gotten a few half grins out of him. I tried to catch it on camera, but I'm sure there will be many more to come soon. 

He also has now decided that he really likes bathtime. The other night we began bathing him and I was just waiting for the screaming and flailing that normally ensues, but it never came. What we got was a perfectly content baby. Same thing last night, he was a little fussy before we put him in, but he soon calmed down and looked happy as a lark. 




1 comment:

Jenna said...

I cannot believe the miracle of the swing! 3 hours and then 3 hours in his bed...what will you possibly do with yourself...like you said, you will have your life back! Cant wait to see you tonight!