Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy One Month!



my favorite position



I know I am two days late on this, but Leyton turned one month old on Monday! I can't believe it. It has been the best, fastest, most exhausting, rewarding month ever. Looking back at pictures I can't believe how much he has changed in just 4 weeks. Leyton has compiled a list of likes and dislikes below:

LIKES
1. boobies
2. trying to suck my fists
3. laying tummy down on your lap while being bounced (thank you, Gran for introducing this smooth move)
4. riding in the car and stroller
5. being moved/ bounced when I am upset (like my dad who watches ESPN, eats dinner, has a phone conversation, and works on a message at the same time, I have to constantly be stimulated)
6. playing possum (Mississippi slang for pretending to be asleep when you are not.)
7. looking out of the window
8. eating
9. being vocal
10. my gas drops
11. peeing when my diaper is off- such freedom
12. my sling- but only when I am really sleepy. Otherwise, don't even think about it.
13. having daddy suck the boogers out of my nose with the nasal aspirator


DISLIKES
1. my swing- I stay in for 5 minutes MAX
2. my pacifier (this would actually go in a love/hate category, but mostly hate)
3. taking a bath
4. having my diaper changed (unless I am looking out of the window)
5. riding in the car when no one is in the backseat with me
6. being hungry for more than 10 seconds

THINGS I AM DOING NOW
1. I can hold my own head up. And I will pick it and move it if I don't like where it is
2. I am making really funny noises. Some sound like a horse and some sound like a dolphin. very strange. mommy can't decode them.
3. I can now grab hair, lips, clothing, and daddy's chest hair. Did I mention I have a kung-fu grip?
4. I am now sleeping in my bassinet at night for a couple of hours at a time!
5. If I spit up and you wipe my mouth, I will try to eat the burp cloth.
6. The other day, I actually pooped in mommy's hand when she was changing me. This was right after I peed everywhere. Mom says I looked so content when I did it, that I would have had a big grin on my face if I could.
7. I smile in my sleep, alot
8. I also move in my sleep, alot.
9. If I don't like the position you are holding me in, I will kick my legs to let you know to move me.
10. No matter how tight you swaddle me, I will kick it off :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am coming. i have to meet him. you think i will make his 'like' list?