Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dear Leyton,

A few things you should know...

• I really hope you are a boy. If not, you are stuck with alot of brown and blue little boy things.

• I am really, really ready to meet you and hold you in my arms.

• We are two of the luckiest people ever. I have the best husband in the world and you have the best daddy in the world.  He loves you so much already and his eyes light up when we talk about you. He has always dreamed about having a little boy and now he will. He loves talking to you inside my belly (sorry if he scares you when he does that). He has done so much to take care of us without one complaint. He picks things up when I drop them, goes with me to the dr., he has pretty much taken over laundry/vacuuming duty,he tells me everyday that I'm beautiful even though most days I feel like the starting linebacker for Team Marshmallow Puff, he rubs my feet (this is a big deal- he hates feet) and he even has to shave my legs for me. I can't wait to see you two together. You will love him. You are so blessed to have him as a father and I hope you never forget that. Even one day when you become an obnoxious teen and he has to discipline you, I hope you know it is out of love. 

• I want to protect you always. It is unexplainable how much I already love you. I know that right now inside of me, you are the safest you will ever be. You are about to enter a crazy world and I want to do everything I can to keep you warm, safe, and comforted, but I know at some point all of those things will be impossible. And I am already really mad at the first girl that will break your heart, and the first bully that picks on you. Remember that us girls are a little crazy, so don't get too attached to one until college maybe. 

• You are surrounded by people who love you. You have the best grandparents ever that already love you and can't wait to spoil you rotten. You also have many "aunts" and "uncles" that are anxiously awaiting your arrival. I also hope you never forget where you came from. Even though you are going to be born in a really cool place, your roots are nestled in the deep south. And don't let people make fun of you for it. 

• I have loved every minute of being able to have you grow inside of me. I love it when you kick and squirm around (watch the ribs though, ok?) You will be worth every pound, every bit of swollen feet and ankles, every bit of nausea I felt when walking into the kitchen during the first couple of months, every 2:00 and 5:00 am bathroom trip, and every bit of whatever I will go through in labor. 

• I hope you remember to always keep God first in your life. I know you will stumble, we all do, but I hope you never forget who your real creator is. Your daddy and I will do our best to lay a good foundation for you.

Love Always,
Mommy

"There is nothing like the blessing of a bouncing, baby boy. He will fill your home with energy And touch your heart with joy. He’ll hug you and bug you and try you, but within each precious memory you’ll treasure again and again." ~ Linda LaTourelle 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

precious.
I can't wait to hold him in feb.
Leyton, Uncle Trey and Aunt Heather are ready to meet you!!!