Sunday, November 23, 2008

38 weeks- an altered state of "ready"



I can't believe "D-day" is about 2 weeks away. Although, according to my recent dr.'s visits, it looks like Leyton is in for the duration. No change, no dilation, no Braxton-Hicks contractions, nothing, nada. Oh well, maybe that doesn't mean anything. The Dr. thinks he weighs around 6.5 pounds right now, so I'm guessing (hoping) he will be around 7-7.5 upon arrival. Jeremy keeps having dreams that he is going to be 7 lbs even so we will see. 

Since everything is pretty much done, Jeremy went and rented about 6 movies from Blockbuster for the next week so I don't go nuts on a 5 day vacation from work. We'll see how that pans out. I think he is liking my "nesting" phase because I have been cooking alot lately. It gives me something to do. And I can't wait until Thanksgiving! It will be nice and quiet this year as we are spending it with Jon and Jenna- the other preggo couple. And what Thanksgiving would be complete without Ging-Ging's cornbread dressing which I will be making along with sweet potato casserole and homemade cranberry sauce. Bring it on! 

Now for a few things that made my week:

1. I didn't gain any weight this week at my weekly appt. Finally! Maybe there is an end in sight. And not only that but due to the recent cold weather- I have ankles again! 

2. I have to share a recent discovery I made. I was going through a box of clothes that was given to us and ran across perhaps the most brilliant invention ever: "A Pee Pee TeePee for the Sprinkling Wee Wee." I'm not making this up. I love it. I will get back to you in a few months and let you know how it goes. 



3. Did you know that Mr. Cadbury makes his Cadbury mini-eggs at Christmas too?! What a genius. I love him.



4. I decided to stroll into "Linens-N-Things" today as they are having a going out of business sale. I purchased a $60 kneading shiatsu massager for a mere $19. It was the last one in the store and it feels like a million bucks. It works on hands, back, feet, neck, legs, you name it. To me- it feels better than the massage chairs, it can be taken just about anywhere, and it will give my poor husband's hands a break during these last few weeks. awesome. 


5. One of the best things about this time of year is that pomegranates are back in season. They are one of my most favorite things. Ever. I don't care that they take 30 minutes to peel, stain everything in site, or that it takes 2 days to eat one. I love, love, love them. And they are really good this year- I haven't had a bad one yet.

No comments: