Monday, April 28, 2008

B is for BEEF: Its what's for dinner


I have to brag on my husband a little bit. He cooked dinner tonight. Not like a meal in a box, but a real meal that consists of chopping and slow cooking. Those of you who know us know that I do the cooking and he does the cleaning. The past extent of his cooking experience has been pop tarts and scrambled eggs (he does make a mean scrambled egg though). So recently I have been craving a pot roast with carrots and potatoes. Don't ask. Such a dude thing to crave, I know. Maybe I am iron deficient. 

Anyway, he had the day off today so I asked if he would stop by the store and get the stuff to make it. Everything went off without a hitch until he was getting the groceries out of his car and the onion went rolling down the storm drain. Poor thing ended up having to go back to the store. But when I got home, it smelled like Grandma's kitchen. It was mmmm good. Maybe this is just the beginning of Chef J Knight, pot roast extraordinare.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

iron defecient?

yes, maybe.

good job, jeremy