Friday, February 15, 2008

shorty had dem apple bottom jeans

So tonight Jeremy and I got invited by one of our students to go to a sweet 16 birthday party. It was humorous to say the least. The party was held at a rented out nightclub, black lights and all. Well when Jeremy and I walked in a couple of the kids looked that they were going to poop themselves, but we soon had a posse of about 10 kids that hung out at our table all night. We are so cool. The music was also up my ally, complete with tracks like Fergilicious, Solja Boy, and Ay Bay Bay. Perhaps the highlight of the night was when the father of the birthday girl (the most polite, sweetest, overly Caucasian man) came up to me and with the utmost innocence asked if I knew why they were called "Applebottom" jeans. I had to break it to him gently. In the end though I had to pass up the dance competition to the 'Applebottom jeans boots with the fur song'. What a shame, I know. However Sonic was waiting for us when we left- and they have finally put Cheddar Peppers back on the menu! I could probably write a whole other blog on my deep love for cheddar peppers. But for now I will abstain. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the knights are almost as cool as the skaggs. we attended a 4-6th grade dance, where we were very much in the minority.

the whole club was lookin' at her...next thang I know shorty got loooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww