Friday, February 10, 2012

Transition

We have officially and successfully transitioned Leyton into his 'big boy bed.' Yes, I realize that we waited until he was 3, but truth be told I would have kept him in his crib until first grade if socially acceptable. He loved his crib slept in it so well. He never once tried to climb out. So naturally I was worried about how this would go. However once we got it and Jeremy started staining it he was very excited about it. I let him pick out his "Thomas" sheets which he was also thrilled about. Then when it was time he helped us take down his crib and move it to "baby's" room. The first night he went down without a peep (probably from his lack of nap) and has slept like a champion in it ever since. It was really more of a non-event than I thought it would be. He tells me every morning that he loves his big boy bed. Between being potty trained and no longer sleeping in a crib, I feel like there is no more 'baby' left in him which makes me so proud of him, but a little sad for me. Here is the sweet boy in his bed:




1 comment:

Jenna said...

I am so glad the transition was really no transition at all! I love the bed and his room.