Sunday, May 15, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

Just because every post if better with pictures



I realize every parent thinks that every (maybe not every) phrase that comes out of their child's mouth is the most adorable thing ever. I am no exception. Leyton comes out with things that make me just stop and laugh. I keep reminding myself to jot them down, so I don't forget. Here are a few things from recent memory:


"Mommy I want a snack"
" No, you just ate breakfast. You will have to wait awhile for a snack."
"Mommy, do you want a piece of me?"

After leaving the grocery store.
"Thank you for being a good boy."
"Thank you for being a good mommy"

While I was singing to him one night he came and put his sweet little hand over my mouth and said "Don't sing mommy. You scare me when you do dat."

One day he was jumping on the bed and I asked him if he was finally pooped out and he said "I not pooped out, I peepeed out!"

We were sitting at a stoplight one morning and when it turned green, I guess I pushed the gas too hard, because he announced from his carseat "Oh no! Hold on tight evybody!"

I was talking to Jeremy one evening asking him something and he said "Oh crap, I forgot to do that." Leyton looked up from where he was playing and said very sternly "Don't say cwap, daddy." Now how he knew that, I'll never know.

1 comment:

In The Lyme Fight said...

YAY! It's Leytonisms. :) I love it. It is amazing what kids come up with!