Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Recent Ramblings...

I suppose I am long overdue for an update post. I realized earlier that I haven't been very good recently about jotting down Leyton's latest tricks, milestones and such. Since I sort of use the blog as a journal following Leyton's little journey, I figured I better get busy and try to get some of it down before I forget it all. Here are some of his recent "happenings:"

• He can recognize and name all of the letters of the alphabet (uppercase).

• He can count to three.

• His most often used phrase is "No Way!" I don't know where he learned this, but a simple "no" will just not suffice.

• He can recognize and name blue, red, green, purple, orange, yellow and black.

• In true toddler fashion, he does exactly the opposite of what he thinks we want him to do in any given moment.

• He LOVES books. Sometimes all he wants us to do is read him books. His favorite books right now are Dr. Suess books, Berstein Bears, Good Night Moon, and a Piggies book.

• He would now prefer exploring the neighborhood by way of sidewalk over playing at the playground.

He can throw a good ol' down-home, countrified fit with the best of 'em. Sometimes it is painful to try and keep from laughing. Other times it is just pitiful.

• He is a parrot. He repeats almost every single thing he hears, which can be cute until I am fussing at him.

• We are working on his manners. He has please and thank you down. But it drives the southern gentleman in Jeremy nuts when he says "yeah" or "yep" instead of "yes ma'am."

• He loves his "night night" time and nap time. And he does not fare well when he is woken up. We are all much better off if he wakes up on his own time.

• He now has a new obsession with the garage. I don't get it. I really don't. Of all the places in the house to play, WHY the garage?

• He is so much fun, and is usually in such a playful mood.

• Anything with a motor is the coolest thing in the world. Boats, trucks, choo choo trains, tractors, motorcyles (or as he calles them "bikes"), airplanes, firetrucks. You name it. It is in a boy's dna, I suppose.

• He is starting to use adjectives: "big truck, yellow ball, bright sunshine, orange lights"

• His favorite songs are "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" aka "Isty Bider", "Twinkle Twinkle", "Jesus Loves Me" and "Oh Happy Day"

• When you ask him his name he says "Leyton Knight." See video below.

• He randomly tells people "Happy Birfday"

• He loves going to "school" on Tuesdays, Ms. Heather's on Thursdays, and church on Sundays. The busier, the better.

• He is pretty much a Chatty Kathy. He picks up on new phrases and words everyday. It is amazing to think that there was a time when he couldn't talk. Here are some of the phrases he has been saying recently:

I broke it :"uh-oh, I bokit"
Fix it :"Momma, pixit"
Where did it go? "Whey it doe?"
There it is "Oh, Dey it is"
Watch this "Watch dis"
What's that? "Whatzat?"
Put it in the trash "Puddy tash"

• He is the light of my life and challenges me in ways I didn't know were possible. He also brings me indescribable joy and makes each day an adventure.



2 comments:

Noelanne said...

I love it!!! 12 more days!!!!! I can't wait!!!! Love you all so very much!!!!

Jenna said...

I love listening to him talk...and you know I do A LOT, b/c Madison and I watch your videos over and over! We love him!!!