Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy First Father's Day!!


Here are a few reasons Leyton is the luckiest kid ever, and I the luckiest gal:

• Jeremy does "baby duty" every other night so I can get some quality zzz's.

• He loves Friday's aka "Daddy Day" when I work and he stays at home with Leyton.

• He can make Leyton laugh like no one else can- not even me.

• He has changed the most rank diapers. ever.

• He cleans the kitchen while I play with L.

• When he left for a week for a work trip- he cried.

• Whenever he dresses L- he finds whatever baseball related outfit fits him at the time. He would dress him in his Atlanta Braves outfit every day if he could.

• He took Leyton to Lowes the other day to "introduce him to big boy toys"

• He has taken spit up down the shirt, between his toes, in his eye, and his mouth has been missed only by a narrow margin.

• When I felt cooped up during my maternity leave- he forced me to get out of the house so I could have some alone time.

• When Leyton was about 2 months old, he called in sick so he could watch Leyton while I napped.

• He loves, loves, loves that little boy more than anything and tells him so all the time- and I fully believe Leyton understands every word.

Happy First Father's Day, Jeremy!


He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
~Clarence Budington Kelland

1 comment:

LT (and Max) said...

so sweet! happy father's day jeremy!