Friday, June 12, 2009

6 Months Old!


Half a year. sigh. Little man is growing and changing at a rapid pace. He is turning me into a mushy, gushy mom who cries at the thought of him growing up. Of course, the future excites me as well. Here are a few things he has been up to:

Eating real food

Sweet potatoes, carrots, and applesauce are at the top of his list of favs. He has seemed to like everything we have given him so far. Although last night I was giving him peas and he spit them back in my face.  When I gave him carrots, though he gobbled them down ferociously. When feeding him, he usually opens his mouth so big you can see down his throat and makes "mmm" noises the whole time. 

Holding his own bottle

When sitting in his high chair, Leyton always reaches for his bottle. He hasn't quite figured out that you have to tip it back for anything to come out though. But when I went to pick him up from Kelly's last week, he was just sitting there feeding himself his bottle. Who knew?

Sleeping!

Would you just look at those sweet cheeks and lips? Anyway, back to the subject at hand- we have all been sleeping better this past month. I am happy to announce that L has slept through the night 3 times! And most nights he is only up once. Leaps and bounds from where we were. I feel human again. He has also been putting himself to sleep a good bit. He usually always does this for Kelly, but not for us (little turkey). BUT I put him down wide awake for a nap the other day and he gabbed for about 10 minutes, whined for 30 seconds and he was asleep. He did it again for me the other night before bed. He was chit chatting up a storm in his crib and playing wih his toes and rolling around ....then...silence. No crying. I went to go check on him, and he was fast asleep. What a difference a month makes. 

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

Can you tell my 6 month photo session was quite a fiasco? Even something as simple as changing a diaper is an ordeal. Before I can even get his diaper off, his little pink butt is already up in the air. I think he has covered every carpeted square inch of our house. He has gotten pretty quick with it too. I think he is so relieved to realize he does not have to be a stationary being. 

Being a sweet, happy boy

He is such a happy, bubbly little boy. He is always wanting to be on the go, so getting sugar from him is hard to come by these days. He is so much fun and seeing him grin when he wakes up in the morning is my favorite part of every day.


Grown doesn't mean anything to a mother. A baby is a baby. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it doesn't mean a thing. 
~Toni Morrison, Beloved, 1987

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I looked at my calendar and realized today was the 12th...OMG...6 months...why oh why does it have to go so fast? I still just want to eat him up...

Unknown said...

happy 6 months, leyton!!!

He keeps getting cuter and cuter...the impossible made possible. I love him!!

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

He is so precious!