Thursday, May 14, 2009

5 Months!



5 months already! I think I will cry when he is 6 months- that is half a year! I have to keep reminding myself that he won't be a baby forever- that makes me sad. I want him to stay little always. Oh well- I don't make the rules. Here is a 5 month update:

• He has an obsession with touching faces- especially when he is sleepy. He works his little hand into my mouth and yanks down on my lip as hard as he can. Ouch. He was also quite into his Grandad's beard. He also pops my bra strap when nursing.

• He loves oatmeal cereal and can't eat it fast enough. He gets mad if you wait even 5 seconds in between bites. He even makes "mmm" noises when he eats.

• He can sit unassisted for a few seconds, but he would prefer to skip the whole sitting thing and go straight to standing. When we put him in his Bumbo- he plants his feet down on the ground as hards as he can to "stand" thus ends up doing a backbend...we can't take our eyes off of him for even a second.

• He can now "scoot" when on his tummy if he can get some good traction with his feet.

• He is very ticklish and if you hit the right spot, he gives a good giggle. See video.

• He smiles at old ladies and strangers. He also grins really big when I kiss his cheeks and feet.

• He loves taking his pacifier in and out.

• His hair is filling in quickly, light brown, and his eyes are pretty set at doodoo brown.

• You can see the tops of his bottom teeth coming in- I can't wait for those blasted things to cut through. Teething sucks.

• Prior to our trip home- he was becoming very independent, playing by himself, talking to himself, etc. However, after being held and coddled by grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles and cousins- he is demanding 24/7 attention. You know who you are.

• He is still not sleeping through the night, darnit. But it has gotten better- most nights he is only up twice. I hope to report next month that he is sleeping through the night- we are about to start hard core sleep training tomorrow night, I hope I survive.

Here are some new pics of the little guy- and a video of him laughing while his Gran was tickling him.


watch your back, Gerber baby

playing innocent

Making the most of his pouter



Him laughing at Gran...excuse the background convos. 



When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy. So there ought to be.
-- James Matthew Barrie 

No comments: