Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 random things- I caved

For the record, I never do things like this. But I caved...what a failure.
1. I love the Lord and I believe prayer changes things
2. As of December 12, my heart belongs to two boys.
3. I HATE being the center of attention and I am petrified of public speaking. I used to be a total ham who would always volunteer myself for anything until I was in first grade. I was saying the pledge of allegiance on stage at a public event and my girl scout sash fell in the candle and I just about caught fire onstage. The teacher bolted onstage to come help me. Embarrassing. I then tried to redeem myself in 6th grade by playing the marijuana leaf in an anti-drug play. I forgot all of my lines and my teacher had to whisper them to me. You don't come back from that.
4. I won a chili cook-off the first time I made chili (not to brag)
5. The first time I met my husband he didn't give me a second look, and in fact doesn't even recall it.
6. I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic. I could also eat a pomegranate everyday.
7. My grandfather once gave me a horse I named after Reba McEntire. She was a sweet thing until one day she went ballistic when I was riding her and blasted off into the woods with me on her back screaming. I seriously thought I may die in the woods and have to have a search and rescue team come find me. I can still see my mom standing on the fence with a desperate look on her face. I never rode her again.
8. I am a country girl at heart. I grew up with cows in my backyard, and had no neighbors. My dad taught me to shoot a gun when I was 8 and I must say I am a pretty good shot. 
9. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people spell things incorrectly on purpose such as "Bob's Kars" or "Kuntry Kitchen." Really, that does not make me want to buy your cars or your burgers.
10. I used to be a competitive swimmer. To this day I can still swim farther than I can run.
11. When I was in High School I had convinced myself that I was a great singer and that I was going to be the next Jewel. Glynne, being the bff that she was, totally agreed with me and encouraged my aspirations. I mean, have you heard me sing? I could make a freight train take a dirt road
12. I wish more than anything that I could dance. I look like an awkward, overly caucasian, middle school, white boy when I try to dance. Not fair. I really want to learn the Beyonce "Single Ladies" dance. 
13. When I was little I had a cat named Mr. T. I used to eat his cat food. Gross.
14. Despite my white, republican roots, I voted for Barack Obama and I am not ashamed to admit it. All these people that think he is the anti-christ crack me up. Puh-lease.
On that same note, I am so tired of the media making a fuss over his race. He is a person not a crayon, people.
15. I hope to be half the mother that my mom is. 
16. I am a secret rap junkie. I can also recite all of "Ice, Ice Baby" (alright stop, collaborate and listen...)
17. Patrick Swayze is my cousin (distant cousin, but related nonetheless) 
18. I want to live in the mountains one day, but the next time we move it will probably be closer to home.
19. Right now though, I love living in Orlando. I truly believe we are meant to be here. I can't imagine not knowing the people we have met here. 
20. I have an extra vertabrae in my spine
21. My favorite sound as of late is hearing Leyton yawn. It is so cute.
22. I think Tyra Banks, Kathie Lee Gifford and Barry Mannilow are the most annoying celebrities ever. Well actually Barry is just more scary than annoying.
23. I am terrified, terrified, terrified of ghosts. I would rather there be an ax murderer in my house than a ghost. At least you can take an ax murderer out at the knees.
24. I have the best husband ever, he does dishes, vacuums, laundry,  helps with Leyton and is the best father I could ask for. He also makes sure to tell me everyday how much he loves me.
25. My heart melts to the floor when I see my son smile and I can't wait to watch him grow.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

You did give in-but its very interesting!

Melissa said...

I LOVE these lists. I guess I love learning useless, interesting facts about people. I put it off too and finally gave in. LOVE the comment about Obama (of course): "he's a person, not a crayon people." THANK YOU! I'm sick of that too. Who CARES?!