Saturday, December 27, 2008

A few things I have learned...so far





We went to the dr. today for Leyton's 2 week checkup and he is doing great! He has already surpassed his birthweight and now weighs 8 lbs 13 oz. He has also grown an inch! The doc was surprised at how strong he was (especially how he picks up his head) and she said he was certainly "all boy".  She gave us a few tips to get him to sleep without being held so we will see how that goes. Right now, I am lucky to catch an hour at a time. 

I have made a list of a few things I have learned in my mere two weeks of motherhood. I'm sure this list will grow daily.

1. If it comes out of your kid it really isn't that gross
2. 92 diapers in two weeks isn't unrealistic
3. I really can stare at something for hours upon hours and not get sick of it
4. I can do most things with one hand, even some things with my toes
5. Everything they do is the cutest thing ever. ("look honey, did you see that face he just made?")
6. Something as small as 8 pounds can dictate my entire day.
7. Two hours of sleep a night is a small victory
8. I've finally learned what they mean when they say "a mother's love"
9. It is possible for a little boy to go through more outfits a day than Paris Hilton. A boy's wee wee stream is not to be taken lightly.
10. You can never have too many pictures
11. Leyton has the most incredible father ever (but I really already knew that)

No comments: