Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Due Date = "You're still here?"

Well, here we are. The infamous Due Day. This kid is not wanting to come out. I told Jeremy that too much CNN watching is to blame. I wouldn't want to come out during this crazy economic spiral either. Smart kid. 

The most common phrase that I hear multiple time a day is " Wow, you're still here?"   or  "No baby yet?" to which I would like to reply, "No Einstein, I just popped the thing out this morning and decided to come to work."  Instead I refrain to a polite response. I know it is just because people care and I would probably ask the same thing, but if I had a nickel for every time I heard it, I would be a baller. 

Anyhow, we went to the doctor yesterday and there has been no change. No dilation, no effacement, no contractions. We are however being induced Friday!!! I have to go in on Thursday night so they can "ripen my cervix." Doesn't that sound like a stellar time? I'm hoping for a fun ripening. 

But really, I can't wait to see my boy. I am so ready for him to be here!! It has been a long time coming. Please pray for for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so ready for little man to make his big debut.
thinking about you three. Can't wait to see him (and you and jerm)
love

LT (and Max) said...

how fun!!!! :)