Tuesday, October 21, 2008

week 33- "my child attacks me and my feet are huge"


So reality is starting to set in that in a wee month and a half I will become a mother. I can't believe how fast it is coming.  I can't wait, yet so much has to be done beforehand. Jeremy went this morning to have our carseat inspected. I am getting to the point physically where I am ready. People at work are already making fun of my newfound "waddle" and my feet are swollen beyond recognition. Even one of our custodians at work stopped dead in her tracks to look at my feet. And it doesn't help that I can no longer paint my toenails, because I just know painted toenails would improve the appearance of my feet. Jeremy refuses to try and paint them for me. And to make matters worse, I only have two pair of shoes that even fit- they are both flip flops. I am so stylish these days...I just hope everything I wear goes with either black flip flops or green ones. 

My sweet little child is also becoming violent in utero. He kicked Jeremy in the face the other night when Jeremy was talking to him, he won't let me sleep on my right side, and he always attacks me in Target. When I went last weekend he kicked me so hard in the ribs I almost lost my breath in the cereal aisle. He did the same thing during my next two Target trips.  After he is born, he will stay at home with dad while I make Target runs. 

We are also going to be making a trip home this weekend for a baby shower that i being thrown for me. I am so excited about seeing family and friends even though it will be an extremely short trip. Mississippi, here we come!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

We cannot have a baby that is against Target in our midst. We need to teach him the error of his ways- quickly.

Unknown said...

trey kicks me sometimes in target. maybe it's a man thing?

can not wait to see you. really. can not wait. i will paint your toenails, if you would like.