Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week 30- I have cankles


Hi folks,

Sorry it has been awhile. We have been busy trying to unpack boxes and make this house a home. I really love it so far, and thanks to the help of some friends, we are out of boxes alot quicker than I thought we would be. I don't know what I would have done without Kristen here to help me organize my kitchen and pantry. I swear it will look just as organized next time you come over, Kristen. Our first night here was a little rough b/c I was puking my brains out....I still don't really know what the culprit was, but I think it was a combo of things. Leyton, on the other hand had a ball during the whole fiasco. It was like dance party central after my guts were lurching up into my throat.

Jeremy's dad, stepmom, sister and her boyfriend are here this weekend helping us out too. They hung garage shelve things, helped put hardware on cabinets, and painted the nursery, which is growing on me. I stood in Lowe's for nearly an hour with 20 paint swatches trying to decide what to get. At the end of the day, they were all the same stupid color. At first I wasn't too happy with how the color turned out, it was a little brighter than I wanted and what the swatch was (you lie, Martha Stewart paint collection exclusively at Lowe's). I figured (a). there's nothing I can do about it and (b). I think it will look good once everything is decorated. (Pics to come soon, I promise).

On the pregnancy front, I can't believe I am two months away. I feel like an 80 year old woman, no lie. It takes me about 5 minutes to get out of bed, or any sitting position. Have you ever seen a cow try to get up from laying down? It's kind of the same deal. I am getting cankles, and my feet hurt like I ran a 5 mile marathon barefoot. The up-side is that I get a foot rub every night. I am also getting "baby brain." Within the past two weeks I have: poured orange juice in my cereal; put lotion on my toothbrush; and tried to cook frozen biscuits in a skillet. I hope this doesn't get worse, no telling what's next. 



No comments: