Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hello Third Trimester...Hello Tums...Hello Swollen Extremities

Here we are. First week in the third trimester, and things have already begun to digress slightly. But just slightly, I am determined to remain chipper. We'll see how long that lasts. BUT, today was a day I have been waiting for for quite some time...A stranger noticed I was pregnant. I know this sounds stupid, but I always thought that when a stranger in the grocery store noticed I was pregnant would be a big milestone. For the longest time I just felt fat and not pregnant so I'm happy to report that apparently I do look pregnant. The cute check out girl at Publix asked "What are you having?" Turns out she recently had a little boy herself. She was already back to a size 0.

I am however having a little dilemma....swollen fingers. Yep, the wedding band isn't budging. I was advised to take them off now before the swelling got worse. Of course I debated over this for a week b/c I didn't want to walk around looking illegitmately knocked up. Bad idea. Should have taken them off last week. Last night I managed to pry off my engagement ring with a little oil. But the band isn't moving. I did everything Google told me to do with no avail. hmmm.

And did I mention that Tums are my new best friend? Late at night when flames of acid begin shooting up my throat, Tums are there in all of their chalky fruit-flavored glory to help me out. Long after the husband is happily asleep in lala land, long after my fifth trip to the bathroom, the Tums never fail me...Thanks Tums. 

I will leave you with my 27 weeks pic. I am wearing my first official "maternity dress". My friend, Carolyn told me I should get some Minnie Mouse ears to wear with it and be Minnie Mouse on Halloween. Sounded like a good idea, but then I thought it may confuse the children..."Mom, why is Minnie Mouse knocked up?" 

I think  I'll just be a pumpkin instead.



3 comments:

Kristen said...

I think Minnie would be more fun than a pumpkin. Good Luck with the rings. Love you...

Wade's World said...

Hi. I don't "know" you, but I come by way of LT and Max. I just wanted to delurk today.

Have you tried vegetable oil for your wedding band? I too feared looking like I wasn't married, but eventually I just didn't care anymore. I just wanted those rings off.

As for heartburn, an ice cold glass of milk was a lifesaver for me. I swear, I would drink a gallon every 2 days.

Take care!

Unknown said...

haha!! you are precious. Swollen fingers and a pumpkin in your dress - you are cute.
I am ready to meet the little one.

Do you make Jeremy massage your feet and serve you drinks and food and cool you down with a large palm leaf? I am most excited about getting knocked up so that Trey will wait on me hand and foot. Don't tell him I said that. I will milk it for all it's worth.

The wade's are one of my friend's brother and sister-in-law, FYI. They are fabulous. Just thought I would throw that in.

Miss you, my very pregnant friend.