Monday, April 18, 2011

Bahama Mama

We are back from our wonderful 5 year anniversary cruise to the Bahamas. It was so much fun, so relaxing, and so nice to have time to spend with just the 2 of us. I am so grateful to my fabulous in-laws who not only gave us the trip as a Christmas/anniversary gift, but also made the trip to Orlando to keep Leyton while we were gone. This was our first time to both be away from him overnight, so I was nervous, but we all did great and it didn't sound like he missed us very much.

I realized after looking at my pictures, that I didn't take many while we were on the ship. I guess I just didn't carry my camera around much. Our port was in Nassau, where we took a ferry boat to Paradise Island. It was GORGEOUS. I have never in my life seen water so ridiculously blue and clear. The pictures don't even do it justice. We decided against doing excursions through the ship, so we took off with our little map and explored the island and after walking about what seemed like 4 miles, finally found a public entrance to the beach. We must have been lucky to find a stretch of beach that was very quiet. I could have stayed there for hours. It was love.














2 comments:

Kristen said...

looks like paradise. Wish I could find my way to that beach right now! So glad that you all had fun :)

Noelanne said...

I am so proud of ya'll, you are lucky to have each other and this gave you time to rediscover that. Love you lots!!!! MOMMA