Sunday, February 6, 2011

A break in the clouds.



Yesterday was a good, good day. After a long week of battling it out with my little man who is knee deep in terrorist two's, we were due a fun day. He did not object to one diaper change or turn to a screaming ball of limp jello and when trying to get dressed and out of the door. He did not shed one tear, produce one whine, or flounder on his back like a cockroach when told no. I was so nervous with Jeremy being gone this weekend that I would have to be heavily medicated to get me through the weekend, but no. He was just my sweet, fun boy.

I know we will have good days and bad. He is in a developmental stage that is inevitable and imperative for him to become the independent little being he was created to be. I would love to blame it on his 2 year molars, which I know have something to do with it, but I think this is just the new normal. I've heard it gets worse at 3, I've heard it gets better at 3. I don't know. I guess it doesn't really matter, we will roll with the punches because that is what we do. And because even in his worst of worst, he is still the most precious darn thing I have ever laid my eyes on. In the meantime, I will be perfecting redirection and picking my battles wisely. All I ask for is 500 extra patience points from the Divine. Please and thank you.

Anyway, back to our day. We had a lazy morning, went over to "aunt" Meme's house for a couple of hours, went to go see the ducks in the lake, came home, napped, played hard, ate dinner and played chase for the remainder of the evening.




trying to fit through the kitty door. He kept asking "how to make it works, momma?"

1 comment:

Noelanne said...

He is so lucky to have you and Jeremy for parents!! You have the right thinking cap on in dealing with our boy's little ways. I love you love you love you!!! Thank you so much for this!!! By the way, another thing to remember, because I did with ya'll through the years, and that is I was glad doors were invented and they could be closed. Love you my girl!!!