Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Art Prints

Being a creative professional doesn't always mean we get to be creative. For the most part, I am very blessed to be able to put my God-given talents to use and call it my job, but sometimes there are weeks when I don't have any "fun" projects. Or sometimes I just get in a creative slump- kind of like writer's block.

A few months ago, I was approached by a woman in our congregation who wanted to commission me for some design pieces. For what the pieces were being used for the artwork had to be done in Illustrator (not my strong suit). I pretty much know all the ins and outs of Photoshop and InDesign, but Illustrator, eh. I had a really bad teacher that semester. I was a little nervous to start especially since all of the artwork had to be drawn from scratch. No help from Istock here. But it was so very refreshing to create something different than what I was used to. So much so, that I started working on these art prints Friday night. I was feeling inspired to put a fresh twist on some popular bible verses. I have been having so much fun doing these, I was toying with the idea of opening an Etsy shop. Not that I would make much off these, but I have been looking for extra creative outlets lately. Thoughts? Feedback?







5 comments:

Noelanne said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love them and are so very proud of you!!! Keep it up!!! You are so awesome!!!I love you so very very much!!!

Kristen said...

I LOVE these! Etsy could be tons of fun for you. You could even do some invites etc (and sell the pdf) I know that people do that there... I have been toying with the idea of opening an etsy shop too; just to give me a reason to be creative and crafty. It can be such a recharge for me and I would love an "excuse" to do it. Although, I am pretty sure I wouldn't make much money at it but then again I really don't mind that too much...

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely!

Melita said...

Love these, Nan! They would make wonderful gifs. If you do decide to sell them, please let me know the price. Thanks!

In The Lyme Fight said...

You should definitely do an Etsy shop! I have a friend who just started hers and has done pretty well. I can hook you two up if you want to pick her brain. Let me know! Her etsy shop is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/altereverything. She lives in Winter Park. Go for it! Good luck!