Friday, March 28, 2008

Psycho squirrels




Ok, I know this is random...but I am terrified of squirrels. I'm serious. Ever since a lady in Florida got attacked by a squirrel while she was going into the CVS, I have been very wary of these little creatures. If you think they are all cute an innocent, just google "squirrel attacks". You'll see what I mean. There were seven squirrel attacks in Winter Park not too long ago (Watch out Kristen)! Soon after this fear was instilled in me I was sitting in my car about to walk into work a few months ago (at my old job). I had parked in front of a tree and there was this squirrel chomping on a nut staring at me. I decided to test this little monster and every time I would tilt my head to the right, he would tilt his head. I would blink, he would blink, and so on. I was being stalked by this squirrel. I ducked so he couldn't see me and waited for him (assuming it was a he) to go away so I could go into work. I soon made a mad dash (more like a brisk walk) so I wouldn't be late.

So what brought on this random blog about squirrels? Well, a few moments ago I was walking over to the sanctuary to drop something off. We have about 3 trees outside the sanctuary where the demon squirrels like to play. I wasn't paying attention, but I heard something very close to my feet. So I looked down and saw a very odd looking squirrel. Creepy odd. He had bumpy things all over him and he was foaming a little at the mouth. I almost lost my lunch. I just know he was looking for a victim. I think I may go home early now. 

Do not assume that these little animals are innocent and sweet. They are out to get us, people! They want to take over...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

few things:
I also hate squirels. Trey eats them, when fried.

And yes, the nan and jeremy W & D combo died. I hate that you had to find out like that.

but alas, we did overuse it after the break-in.

they treated us well for close to 2 years and we will hold fond memories of using nan and jeremy daily.

God speed, N & J / W & D

I miss you.