Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mitchell Farms

I found my new favorite place. About 30 minutes away is a place called Mitchell Farms in Collins. My mom had told me about it a couple of months ago and I'm glad she did! It is this huge farm in the middle of nowhere with cotton fields, sunflower fields, a peanut farm, a pumpkin patch, a corn maze (which we got lost in) and vegetable gardens galore. They also have tractors, covered trailer rides, log cabins, a choo choo train for the little ones as well as animals and anything else in between. We went with our good friends, the Ellards, and Leyton and Jackson had an absolute ball. We couldn't have asked for better Fall weather, either!













2 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so incredibly jealous!! I really want to take Jay on a hay/tractor ride and go out the middle of no where to get a pumpkin... I just don't think I can find any place this cool in Florida :(

Wish we were closer... but not just because you all have a way cool farm :)

btw- love that first photo, sweet, sweet boy!

Beth Ellard said...

The first picture of Leyton is adorable!! I wish Jackson would have cracked more smiles in the pumpkin patch...Leyton was a trooper. We had a great time...and thanks for the great Ellard family picture too. :)