Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade




I have been craving a good summery drink to try and beat this South MS heat. I found this recipe on Epicurious and it turned out really great so I thought I would share. To get the most juice out of your lemons, they need to be at room temp.


  • 1 1/2 cups of strawberries trimmed and halved
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 1/2 - 4 cups cold water

Puree strawberries with 2 TB of lemon juice until smooth and force through a strainer or fine sieve to remove the seeds. Stir together the puree with the lemon juice, water and sugar in a pitcher until the sugar dissolves. Add more sugar if needed. Serve over ice.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

yum! this preggo girl thanks you- I will have to get everything when I head to publix today :)